Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook not authenticating username and password

Hi all,

We have a small network with one server that is the DC and the Exchange Server. I changed one of our users names in Active Directory Users and Computers. Now when I open his mail it keeps asking me for a username and password. I have reset the password but still it keeps asking for it. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Re: Outlook not authenticating username and password

What Windows Server version and SP? What Windows client version and SP? What Outlook version and SP? What Exchange version and SP? Any errors in the event logs? Have you tried a new Outlook profile?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

It is SBS 2003 with sp2, client has vista business edition sp1 with outlook 2007. And it is Exchange 2003. Yes tried a new profile comes up with the same problem. I tried setting up the account on the server in Outlook express but it also asks me for username and password.

Comment

What procedure did you follow to change the user's name?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I went in Active Directory Users and Computers right clicked on the user and went to properties. There I changed his name and his logon details. When I telnet into the account it reconises the username but not the password, I have reset it but still the same.

Comment

Are you entering in the format domainname\username ?
            If not then give it a try.

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys. I got the problem sorted out. a quick restart of the server over the weekend sorted out the problem.

Comment

Can't beat the good ol' server "Restart" can you? The mother of all solutions

.....except for when it doesn't come back up
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                X