No announcement yet.

Check In-Out Software

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check In-Out Software

I'm trying to find an application/add-on for Exchange/Outlook that will allow us to check in and out and let everyone in our company know whether a person is in, where they are, what cell phone they may have, etc.

In the ultimate form this application would be visible and work inside of Outlook, but at the same time be accessible through Outlook Web Access or some other custom web interface.

I've looked at several. They either tend to be stand alone apps, Outlook only plugins or a pure custom web applications that have no ties to Exchange or Outlook. I really can't see duplicating data when Exchange has all the contact information from Active Directory, etc.

So, anyone have knowledge of an application like that?
    Last edited by ScatterBrain; 12th November 2008, 20:36. Reason: correcting typos

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
    -- The Mythbusters

Re: Check In-Out Software

This MAY do it (don't know much about it): Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Check In-Out Software

It's by no means ideal, but a possible solution (albeit clunky) would be setup a public calendar. Have your users post events to it to indicate when they are out of the office, including contact details.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.