Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailboxes Will Not Create

HI Guys,
    What is RUS server? Please help because i'm having similar issue. I just finished installing Exchange 2003 on a member server. The only exchange mailbox pop up is the administrator. the rest users i dont' see its been created. Also, i don't see the MS Exchange administration schema showing on my other domain controllers. Should it automatically does that? Please help..

Re: Mailbox won't create

Please don't hijack posts even if they look similar as there can be many causes to these. I have requested that this is split so you don't need to post again.

RUS is the recipient update service. It, for want of a better explaination, adds the email addresses to users.
    A quick google would have helped you
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF017.html

Please explain more about the "schema" you are expecting to see, what are you looking for specifically, how many DC, replication etc.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Andy,
      Sorry about the Hijack posted. I'm new to this website and I'm sincerely appreciated this KM. What i mean by schema is: I installed MS Exchange 2003 on a w2k3 member server separated from DC to avoid microsoft not supported. However, after installing the server I don't see the Exchange management schema populate to my other DCs throughout my network infrastruture. But I do see the schema features appearing in the new exchange server of Users and Computers when creating a new domain users. I read another post stating that I must install Exchange Manager administration, post migration, to all my domain controller to allocate this function.

My problem now when i create a domain user it won't create exchange mailbox nor trying to create exchange mailbox of an existing domain user account. Please help how to solve this issue.

thank you,
      dykirin

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Please don't hijack posts even if they look similar as there can be many causes to these. I have requested that this is split so you don't need to post again.

RUS is the recipient update service. It, for want of a better explaination, adds the email addresses to users.
      A quick google would have helped you
      http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF017.html

Please explain more about the "schema" you are expecting to see, what are you looking for specifically, how many DC, replication etc.

Comment

No problem. The very first post in this forum shows the rules so it would be good to have a read for the future.
        http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=12

To view the mailbox details in Active Directory Users and Computers you do need the Exchange Admin tools installed on the box. Generally best practice is to use a management PC rather than installing this on every DC but don't have Outlook installed on it. Make sure the machines that do have it, are patched to the same level as the Exchange server.

When you create a test user on the Exchange box it prompts for mailbox details, when this completes can you view the exchange tabs for that user? The email address tab should auto populate eventually.
        Can you not see the tabs or does this not auto-populate?
        Are there any error messages in the Exchange servers logs?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X