Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 give user access to all mailboxes

Hello forum,

our CEO wants two peolpe in our organization to have access rights to all mailboxes in our company. If i need to have a look into a specific mailbox i give my normal domain user full access to the users mail box und log into owa.
    what right do i have to give a domain user in the exchange system manager -> properties of the server -> security to have "view" access to all mailboxes in owa?

by the way, all users know that company email is not for private use and this is also in their contracts. this is not for surveillance, at least thatīs what iīve been told.

regards

Re: Exchange 2003 give user acess to all mailboxes

Hare Krsna Chewbakka,

You can't do it from owa. However you can do it from ...where...from outlook

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.65).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.65).aspx

You are done.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

hi

thanks for your reply, but you misunderstood my question.
      i know how to give a user access to another mailbox. thatīs the ay i do it when i need access to a mailbox. i just donīt wanna do it for every user, i want to do it for all exchange mailboxes so that i donīt have to do it for every new one and not 100times for the existing ones.

regards

Comment

What version of Exchange are you running?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

( and SP2 )

Comment

My bad. Blame BE Aerospace. Their barcodes are making my life misery.

Well, as miserable as life in IT gets
            Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 give user access to all mailboxes

There is no read only option for mailbox access.
              However the permission you need to set is Full Mailbox or Send As AND Receive As. That can be set at the store level.

Unless the users have signed something allowing access then you are still on shaky legal ground. Company policy does not override local or national laws and in some locations what you want to do is illegal unless specific permission is granted. Just because the CEO/Owner/Big Cheese asks for it does not mean it is ok to do.

Simon.
              --
              Simon Butler
              Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
              More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
              Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
              In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Sembee View Post
                Unless the users have signed something allowing access then you are still on shaky legal ground. Company policy does not override local or national laws and in some locations what you want to do is illegal unless specific permission is granted. Just because the CEO/Owner/Big Cheese asks for it does not mean it is ok to do
                True, but if it is in their contracts, then legally they have agreed to it - employees should be signing their contracts before they join the company.

Do you know if it's possible to set mailbox permissions to multiple mailboxes at once? The OP is trying to find out how to do that to avoid having to do each mailbox individually. Even with 30 users on our system, I know where he's coming from
                Gareth Howells

Comment

thanks, thatīs what i guessed but i wanted another opinion before i try this.

in germany itīs like this, if you donīt allow your employees using mail und web for private purposes, than the company practically owns every information.
                  but if they are allowed to use it for private stuff, then your not even allowed to make backups and to use a spam filter because not even the spamfilter is allowed to look inside the mail

Comment

Here is the deal buddy

Do this, Grant the user (Super Duper CEO account) full control on information store. That will take care of not doing it for 100 times.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
                    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
                    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
                    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Not allowed to make backups?

Why am I suddenly thinking of so many ways to abuse my domain admin pri... no, this is a professional forum

Originally posted by v-2nas View Post
                      Here is the deal buddy

Do this, Grant the user (Super Duper CEO account) full control on information store. That will take care of not doing it for 100 times.
                      I like, I like couple that with no mail backups and you could have yourself a nice new CEO
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                      X