Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring FSMO roles to additional domain controller in exchange environment

Dear Techies,

I has an Active directory 2003 & Exchange server 2003 in our Environment, Recently we purchased new hardware for Active Directory so I installed win 2003 in new hard ware and promoted it as an additional domain controller, now I need to remove the old active directory machine so I am planning to transfer the roles to new active directory and demote the old active directory.

I have an exchange 2003 in this environment if I transfer the roles to new Active directory what preliminary steps we have to take from exchange side, I tried it on test environment after transferring roles exchange is not working.

Can anybody please explain the procedure how to transfer the roles and demote the primary domain controller in clustered exchange 2003 environment?

Any Immediate help will be Highly Appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance……

Thanks & Regards
    gowtham kakarla

Re: Transferring FSMO roles to additional domain controller in exchange environment

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=29876

Is Exchange installed on a member server or on the DC?
    If it is on a member server then just wait for Exchange to connect to the new one. Make sure the new server is a GC.

If it is installed on the DC then you can't uninstall AD from the box without first removing Exchange. Create a new Exchange server, move mailboxes and roles and then uninstall Exchange from the old server and finally dcpromo the DC out.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Transferring FSMO roles to additional domain controller in exchange environment

Is it just me or is the wording of this post exactly the same as the wording of phani007's posts?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

User banned for having 2 different user accounts.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X