Mailbox won't create

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox won't create

I have set up a new user in Exchange Server 2003 active directory, logged onto the users account and sent the user an email. I still can not get the mailbox to show up in Exchange System manager nor can I log onto OWA or set the user's outlook mailbox up. Does anyone have any idea of what I'm missing?

Re: Mailbox won't create

How long have you waited?
    Any errors/information on your setup?
    Is this a new problem or the first time you have tried?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Andy:

Thanks for your response. I set this up on Friday, deleted the user yesterday and tried again. When I look in the application logs I see this error for the user I am having issues with "Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /o=American Needle/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=dbullard." I was playing with a few things suggested on line and don't know if I made things worse. I tried to add another "test user" yesterday and was having the same problems with it, but didn't find anything in the error log for that one.

We just installed this new server about a month ago and copied information from the old server to this server. I didn't have any problems adding users to the old server and this is the first attempt at adding them to the new one.

So, I'm stumped!

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Andy:

I answered my problem after I submitted the last thread. When we moved the server we did not change the RUS information. I changed it to the correct server and all is well.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Barb

Comment

Glad you solved it while I was on the train home!
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X