Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receiving email repeating

hi,
    I am using exchange 03 sp1 and start from last week, some users getting email repeating like 3/4 same email from single external user. where should i check for it ? is there any one got experience before? your cooperation is highly appreciated and thanks.

Re: receiving email repeating

Hi,
    I can't really answer your question, but you should upgrade your Exchange til SP2, it has been released for long time now.

Does the email-repeating-thing happen from one external domain, or does it happen with all external domains?. Could be an DNS issue.
    Best regards,
    Carsten.

Comment

not only from external, now also got from internal users . If I upgrade to SP2 , what do I need to prepare first? just install sp2 in there? thank for your help.

Comment

Are the emails identical or does it look like you have a repeating loop (i.e. a rule that replies to emails that hits an out of office for example).
        What does message tracking show?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I will go check at user pc and update you in minutes. btw, where to check the current running exchange service pack ? I confuse that I been updated to exchange 03 sp2 or still it is sp1. thanks
          ----
          it is the recipient receiving same mail 3/4 times. the different time is around by 2/3 minutes. Sender is just sending once.
          Last edited by examplez; 10th November 2008, 09:06.

Comment

Open ESM and look at the properties (right click) of the server. It should show "Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2)
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

yes bro. My server is Version 6.5 build 6944.4. is it Sp 1?

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530

Doesn't look like there is any SP on it so you should sort that asap.
                It may not be related to your original issue though.
                cheers
                Andy

Comment

thank for that link. So no Service Pack in my server. Can I install sp2 directly? I already download sp2. is it OWA still available after upgraded to Sp2? where should I refer for sp2 installation steps. thank in advanced. do i need to backup current database before i deploy sp2?
                  Last edited by examplez; 10th November 2008, 09:38.

Comment

You should always backup every day plus before major changes.
                    Best case scenario is to create a proof of concept and test the upgrade there, having said that it is usually not possible to do it that way.
                    All I can say is "so far I have had no problems updating to SP2" but it is your risk.

Make sure your server is running WIndows 2003 SP1 or higher from Microsoft Update and get Excahnge SP2 from here:
                    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e.../bb288486.aspx

OWA is still in Exchange so don't worry about that. Not sure how many servers you have but upgrade the front ends first if you have any.
                    cheers
                    Andy

Comment

thank for your info. I used norton ghost to backup exchange 2003 with secondary harddisk in previous server. In this new server i haven't done for backup yet. hehe.. Which way is the best to backup exchange 2003? I am using windows 2003 sp2 there. sorry for asking so many qns bro. really thank for your help

Comment

Questions aren't an issue, that is what these forums are for!

If you don't have a dedicated backup package then NTBackup will do the job. You need to run it to commit the transaction logs as well, otherwise you will run out of space. This makes me think you may have circular logging enabled which is very bad for restoration purposes. (LINK)
                        Ghost would only be able to "backup" the databases if they were offline and is not a good solution I'm afraid.

Do you have any information regarding the repeated emails questions I posted?
                        cheers
                        Andy

Comment

thank you ,
                          regarding repeated email, the recipient receiving same mail 3/4 times. the different time is around in 2/3 minutes to next. Sender is just sending once. that's all bro.

Comment

You need to look at the message header to see where the duplication is taking place. Message tracking may also show where the duplication is occurring. The duplication may be taking place outside of your server.

If you don't have any service pack on the server, then you should update the server, then run Microsoft Update to install the post SP2 updates for the server as well.

Simon.
                            --
                            Simon Butler
                            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

thank all brothers, i will update with sp and also windows update and track the messages header as well.I will update detail info after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X