exchange 2003 outside clints 4.4.7 error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2003 outside clints 4.4.7 error

Hello all. I have about 10 different clients that can't send us email but we can send them email. We have qwest with networksolutions holding the records. I think i found the issue but can't find the solution. when i had one of the business try and send an email they looked in the que and saw can't bind to dns and then after a couple days it gives the error. i have alot of other clients sending with out any issues but a hand full that is driving me nuts. thanks and have an awesome night

Re: exchange 2003 outside clints 4.4.7 error

Are you running Exchange 2000 or 2003?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response im running 2003 and windows 2003 not sure if the clients outside are running exchange and if they are i think 2000 or 2003

Comment

Does every client with problems experience the same error?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

yes they seem to time out but i haven't seen but only a couple with the can't bind to dns because most of them don't have an IT person to check for us. there is one client out of the bunch that can reply to a message sent to her and it will go thru but all the rest can receive email from us but not reply or send new
          Last edited by cybersynergy; 9th November 2008, 03:02.

Comment

hi cybersynergy
            it is DNS issue. The clients that are having problem sending your domain e mail. check their dns settings. Verify that their DNS server contains DNS record for your domain. Check both their internal as well as external dns server.

Comment

i can check their dns out side but like i said most dont have an it person on staff and have to pay to have some one come in. I offered to come in and look at their issue but haven't been taken up on this. I can probalby check their outside for them but not their inside. I have my records at networksolutions and a reverse lookup at qwest. i wanted to ponit dns to qwest and just do everything from there is that a better solution or just leave well enough alone? when i have one of them check the nslookup it seems to find our mx record fine so it might be their exchange dns? maybe they have reverse lookup on the exchange that don't like us?

Comment

Ok it is exchange 2003. did find that the banks are sending from the office but the mx records point to another server also the are using secure email. so when i telnet to the sending ip address they used it will not except email from me

Comment

Working...
                X