No announcement yet.

Email Disclaimers and Exchange

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Disclaimers and Exchange

Is there anyway that Exchange server can append disclaimers to all outgoing emails other than appending to outlook signatures? If so how is this done?

Re: Email Disclaimers and Exchange

Only if your using Exchange 2007. 2007 can do it natively 2003 cant. You require a 3rd party tool like GFI to append disclaimers in exchange 2003.

You can also write an "event sink" script to do the job -- there is an example on Technet or for "Exchange Disclaimer Event Sink"

But IMHO a 3rd party tool is the best -- I like PolicyPatrol but as already stated, there are others
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

The event sinks provided by Microsoft for the purpose are not fit for that purpose. There are so many scenarios where they will not fire and every time that you want to make a change it a complete pain to do it, that they are close to pointless.

My preference is Exclaimer, deployed it numerous times and it just works.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.