mailbox with a distribution group possible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mailbox with a distribution group possible

Ive set up a mail box say for instance [email protected] and a distribution group called [email protected] with a number of users added to it.

But when sending emails to [email protected] they only come to the mailbox inbox and dont get distributed to the users.

any ideas?

is this possible? or do i have to set up a rule within the mail box?

Re: mailbox with a distribution group possible

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to achieve.

Do you want email sent to [email protected] to be delivered to multiple users?

If so then set up a mail enabled group and set the SMTP address of it to [email protected] then add the users you want as members.

Comment

sorry for the confusion

what i want is a central storage for emails of [email protected] so that the mailbox can be mapped to someones outlook

and also have emails that go to [email protected] to be distributed to the members of that distribution group.

is this a silly way of doing it?

Comment

Well you change the delivery options for the mail enabled user and have it deliver mail to a mail enabled group as well as the original mail enabled user.

Alternatively you could create a public folder and mail enable that, then give permission to the users who need to access it. This will keep the mail central but also allow multiple users to access it.

Comment

Working...
        X