HelpDesk Email Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HelpDesk Email Group

Hello, I know this mind sound stupid or something, but honestly I am stuck here.

I have created a user called 'Help' with email address [email protected]. I went into the properties and added the "on Behalf of" the users than need to be in there.

I then created a Distribution Group call 'Help Desk', and added 'Help' as a member plus the other users who will be using the 'Help Desk' email.

Problem is that I still get the permission denied, and now it won't even show on the global address.

All is under Windows 2003 server, Exchange is 2003 SP2.

So the question is....
    How do you create a Group with a '[email protected]' address where other users can use that in order to reply.

Thank you, have a nice weekend!

Re: HelpDesk Email Group

Do the reply emails have to come from '[email protected]'?
    If not you could create a public folder and mail enable it with the helpdesk email.After that assign permissions to the people who need to see the folder and deal with the helpdesk emails. You can also flag the messages with different colours to show which tech is dealing with the request or the status of the ticket.

Comment

Another method would be to create the mail enabled user 'helpdesk'
      Log into it and then set up delegate access for the helpdesk account, give permissions for the helpdesk users, then they can add the helpdesk account in as an additional mailbox.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6120092.html
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
        Do the reply emails have to come from '[email protected]'?
        If not you could create a public folder and mail enable it with the helpdesk email.After that assign permissions to the people who need to see the folder and deal with the helpdesk emails. You can also flag the messages with different colours to show which tech is dealing with the request or the status of the ticket.

Thank you for the reply. By public folder you mean on the exchange and not as a group on the AD right?

Comment

Hi, Yes he means set up an exchange public folder.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Yes an Exchange public folder. Create it in your outlook client or ESM and mail enable it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.65).aspx

Comment

Working...
            X