Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Address List

Hi
    Im running 2 domains (2 companies) in my exchange 2003.
    I created 2 address lists and in each one i see each domain recipients.
    On the global address list i see all the recipients, and i dont want it.
    I want that when a user open the address list he won't see anything at the Global address list so he will have to go the address list i created.

how can i do it ?

Never heard this request before, not sure how you can do it.

I would try,

a) See if you can edit the filter rules, these cannot be changed in Sys Manager but maybe somewhere else.

b) Remove permissions for everyone, this'll stop them viewing it but not sure if you'll get an Access Denied Message.

c) Not sure if you can delete the Default GAL but the option is there on the list !! Let me know if you can !!!

Topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

What you need to do is to create 2 different GALS, one for each company, with the right filters. Try the GALs by clicking PREVIEW.

Next, set the permissions on each GAL so that only the right company will have permissions to see it. Remove the permissions from the Default GAL so that none of the users will have access to it.

Next, build 2 OFFLINE GALS, one for each new GAL, and connect these OFFLINE GALs to each MBX Store (you do have one MBX store per company, don't you?).

Open OL and see if you got the right GAL.

Good luck.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Daniel

If i could pick up this thread and ask a question, When you say remove permissions on the gal to prevent the users viewing it, which permissions need to be removed, everyone/authenticated users etcc.

Regards
        ________
        RC165
        Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:41.

Comment

Working...
        X