Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTP Dosen't work HELP Please

Hi all

really i need urgent help in this issue, i have made all the configuration in RPC over HTTP/S (Single Server) scanario, i am sure that all settings ok, but my problem when i try to test the connection with the RPC server by typing (outlook.exe /rpcdiag) it's open with me session ask me for the username and password, every time i put the username and password the session return back without continue to the next step, i have tried to but the username with different ways but every time the same responce i tried by typing(domainname\username) also didn't work and i am so sure that the username and password is correct, please HELP

your help will be appreciated
    Thanks in advice

BR,
    Last edited by opel121; 1st October 2008, 12:41.

Re: RPC over HTTP Dosen't work HELP Please

Please tell us which version of Exchange you are using and we will move this to the correct EXCHANGE forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

opel121,

In addition to Ossian's questions/comments.
      What certificate have you used? What details are you typing into the client?
      Does OWA work?

What did you follow to get this setup as well? The Petri page, for example?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Dear Ossian & AndyJG247

I have exchange 2003 enterprise edition, i am not using any certificate i just make the configuration asConfigure RPC over HTTP on a Single Server article without using the HTTPS or SSL steps, in client i had make the setup as Configure Outlook 2003 to use RPC over HTTP/S article, the OWA is working without any problems, FYI i have CISCO PIX firewall in my environment and i had allow TCP 80&TCP 443 connection for my exchange server ( the same RPC server),FYI in my local environment all the clients work with outlook 2007 with exchange mode without any problems, pleas help me because it's urgent matter to my company.

Thanks for fast reply

BR,

Comment

Dear All

i had make test today as Configure Outlook 2003 to use RPC over HTTP/S article but in my local environment and i have faced the same problem every time i put the username and password the authontication session open again as putting the wrong username and password, i am sure i put the correct username and password i tried it serveral times.

thanks in advice.

BR,

Comment

any help

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

I really wouldn't bother setting up RPC/HTTP. You can, at very worst, self create a cert for free to use RPC/HTTPS (although the real ones are very cheap now).

What does the RPCNoFrontEnd tool show as the reg key?
              Do you have the RPC proxy service running?
              Does the BPA run ok?
              Do you have an A Record setup in public dns for your server?
              Can you post what you have for the outlook client settings?

The PIX shouldn't affect this (although I would turn off the SMTP Fixup)
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X