• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources in AD / meeting request

My environment:

AD 2003 native mode
    Exchange 2003 sp2

I have setup resources (meeting rooms and projectors) as user objects in my AD, I have place all the resources in a single OU, and I have setup the auto accept agent for each resource. However, when creating a new meeting and selecting a resource, the meeting request shows the resource as a user and when setting up a meeting users have to go to the scheduling window to change the resource from user to a resource.

My question is is there a way to setup the "Resource" user object to default to a resource when they are added to a meeting request?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Resources in AD / meeting request

I have had several people tell me that this is possible but no one knows how to automatically mark resources as a resource when you are creating a meeting. I have not gotten any replies on this and I am not sure why. Did I leave something out? Do you need more information? I really need some expertise on this. I am deparate, please.

I assume this is to do with Exchange so I have moved it to the Exchange 2003 forum
      If this is wrong would jcon please reply and the thread will be moved again
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

The answer is to migrate to Exchange 2007.
        "Resources" in Exchange 2003 are simply user accounts used as resources. There is nothing to mark them as resources in the domain.
        However Exchange 2007 allows you to create resource mailboxes and they are marked as such. I think you also have to use Outlook 2007 as the client to get the full functionality.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.