Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple server with shared domains

Hi All,

I've have to setup the following for a client.
    On a exchange 2003 machine in the datacentre I need to receive all email for 3 domains: company.de company.be and company.nl
    All clients connect to this machine using webmail. However all countries have an headoffice with their own exchange server using the above mentioned domain names.

I believe I need to setup as follows. Can someone tell me if this is indeed the way to go?

On the datacentre box create 3 additional reciepient policies (one for each domain on top of the default policy. On the default policy set the company.local as default adress making it possible to uncheck the "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address" checkbox for the other domians.

Furthermore setup 4 smtp connectors:
    One for each domain supplying the ip address per country in the smarthost field. In the Address space define the domain and cost route.
    company.nl cost route =1
    company.be cost route = 2
    company.de cost route =3
    Since there are also other domains that are purely handled by this box there will be a fourth connector with Smtp.isp.com as smarthost and * as adress space. Cost route = 4

Also make sure that the "Forward all mails with unresolved recipients to another Host" box in the default SMTP virtual server is empty.

Any respons is greatly appreciated!!!

Regards Nataz

Re: multiple server with shared domains

Hi,
    Actually,you don't need setup 4 smtp connectors for 3 domains.I beleive one single smtp connector is sufficent.
    First,you need to setup each company.de company.be and company.nl domains as a smtp virtual server.
    Then you should add these smtp virtual server into the smtp connector.

I think the default receipent policy can handle 3 domains and more,and you might don't need to create 3 additional reciepient policies .
    Cost routes should be same as cost 1,but if you setup seperate 3 smtp connectors ; cost should be like you told;

company.nl cost route =1
    company.be cost route = 2
    company.de cost route =3

Make sure that the "Forward all mails with unresolved recipients to another Host" box in the default SMTP virtual server is empty

Thanks

Last edited by Selcuk Algun; 21st September 2008, 21:53.

Comment

Working...
    X