Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple setup for a small business ?

Hi,
    I have friends who own a small dental lab with 6 computers on XP. They have Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. The server also acts as a desktop machine and is up and running.
    They have 3 external e-mail address's of [email protected] entering via a ADSL 4 port router.
    All they want seems too simple for Exchange, but they have it and want to use it. They have no registered domain.
    They just want to access their e-mails no matter which of the client computers they sit before.
    Is their a simple tutorial that shows where to input the User name and Password for the pop3/smtp xyz.iinet.net.au mail accounts ?

Cheers

If you didn't see how to set up accounts then I'm not sure if it's that simple.

You can use Outlook Web Access
    http://www.petri.com/configuring_for...hange_2003.htm
    to access the accounts from any workstations.

Receiving the mail to the exchange sevrer (from pop3) can be somewhat of a gey area (some admins don't like this practice). You can use some tool like a pop connector (only included with SBS) will have to be bought seperately.

Hope this helps a bit.....
    ________
    Eleanor (1973 Ford Mustang) History
    Last edited by syncme; 23rd April 2011, 06:54.

Comment

Raeandy .

My oldies have a dental lab here in aus also and I have just setup their environment.

We are running MS Small Business Server 03 with 4 xp pro clients in a local domain with external email addresses @blahdental.com.au. SBS 03 includes a POP connector which can collect mail from external ISP's and pass them on to exchange mailboxes.

If you need any info, please let me know.
      Cheers,
      Lee

Comment

Working...
      X