Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Requirements for Blackberry Server

Hi all,

We will be rolling out Exchange 2003 standard in few weeks. Management team wants to purchase Blackberry devices and use them together with the new exchange server. My question is: Can I install Blackberry Enterprise Server on Microsoft Exchange 2003 Standard?

I reviewed the minimal requirements (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...#tab_tab_step1) on the blackberry support site but the mail server is only listed as Microsoft Exchange 2003, no version has been specified. I need to be sure that we can install the blackberry server on the future exchange server.

Thnx in advance,

Lukas.

Re: System Requirements for Blackberry Server

You don't install blackberry server on your exchange boxes, it runs on a separate server (with the exchange tools installed on it),

cheers,

Comment

Not recommended. In the link you posted there's a link to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange Performance Benchmarking PDF. Go down to page 19-21, you'll see their test environment.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

@hazey: we will be installing it on a seperate machine. It was a poor choice of words. The question was: do I need Exs Enterprise of will Exs standard suffice?

@Wired: thnx for the document, will review.

Grtz

Lukas

Comment

BES will work fine with Exchange 2003 Standard
          Very straightforward to set up, unless any domain admins / exchange admins have their own blackberry
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thnx again guys. Rep awarded.

Grtz

Lukas

Comment

Working...
            X