No announcement yet.

OWA on second server in site

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA on second server in site

I have Ex2k3 Standard in a stand-alone configuration with OWA set to require SSL. I have added a second Ex2k3 Standard server to the site. If I connect to the first server can I get it to proxy the OWA connection to the second a front end would do?
    How do I configure IIS to allow this?

I suppose I could get a second cert for the second server and give it 443 access throught the firewall too...but this is a short-term solution prior to a Ex2007 migration.
    What do you think?

Re: OWA on second server in site

You can only proxy OWA for the second site with a frontend server. If you don't have it configured as a frontend then users need to access the server directly with its own name, SSL certificate etc.

In effect, if you add a second server and want a single URL for OWA then you must have a third server.

If it is a temporary measure which will be in place for less than a month, then a trial RapidSSL certificate would provide you with SSL support.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: OWA on second server in site

Thank you for the confirmation. I plan to split the database and client access roles when they migrate to Ex2k7.