Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with bcc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem with bcc

    we have exchange server2003 and emails that send in bcc from outside not arrived to the users but inside domain the recvied bcc


    Thanks

    Shay

  • #2
    Re: Problem with bcc

    Could be any number of reasons for that.
    The sender needs to prove the message was delivered to your server first.
    Does message tracking show the message going through the server?

    Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

    Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

    Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Problem with bcc

      Originally posted by Sembee View Post
      Could be any number of reasons for that.
      The sender needs to prove the message was delivered to your server first.
      Does message tracking show the message going through the server?

      Simon.

      Thank you

      our server pull the message from central mailbox on isp server (pop3)
      I can see the messages in the logs

      P.s
      any bcc message not arrived to the users


      Shay

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Problem with bcc

        If you are using the POP3 connector then that is your problem. The POP3 connector does not know who to route BCC email messages and therefore drops them. If you are using BCC then you need to change to SMTP delivery and drop the POP3 connector.

        Whatever your current reason for using the POP3 connector, I can provide a counter argument.
        http://blog.sembee.co.uk/archive/2006/09/25/28.aspx

        Simon.
        --
        Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

        Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

        Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Problem with bcc

          Originally posted by Sembee View Post
          If you are using the POP3 connector then that is your problem. The POP3 connector does not know who to route BCC email messages and therefore drops them. If you are using BCC then you need to change to SMTP delivery and drop the POP3 connector.

          Whatever your current reason for using the POP3 connector, I can provide a counter argument.
          http://blog.sembee.co.uk/archive/2006/09/25/28.aspx

          Simon.

          Thanks again I use third party softwere to colect the mails from isp mailbox

          is this make the problem ???????

          Shay

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Problem with bcc

            Doesn't matter what you use.
            Exchange is not designed to be used with a POP3 connector of any type. They all have the same problems - they cannot cope with BCC messages because they use the SMTP headers to route the messages. BCC does not show in the headers because that information has been removed.

            Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

            Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

            Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Problem with bcc

              Originally posted by Sembee View Post
              Doesn't matter what you use.
              Exchange is not designed to be used with a POP3 connector of any type. They all have the same problems - they cannot cope with BCC messages because they use the SMTP headers to route the messages. BCC does not show in the headers because that information has been removed.

              Simon.
              Thank you for all

              I will see to change the methode


              Shay

              Comment

              Working...
              X