Clear All

• exchange 2003 owa

I have a few questions:

I have exchange 2003 installed in my LAN
    Iím using Checkpoint FW

I want to use the OWA 2003

what is the best way to do that :

1. install ISA server and publish the OWA in the DMZ
    2. install another exchange in the DMZ - if so do I need to buy another license for the exchange?
    3. just open port 443 in the CPFW

any other suggestions will be appreciated

Microsoft would recommend option 2 and yes you need another license. Set it up as a front end server and put it on the dmz.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

yup, microsoft recommends option 2. In any case, Front-end setup is the way to go.

Unfortunately that's $700 for exchagne and possibly another $700 for Server 2003

Does anyone know if the back-end server is Exchange 2003 enterprise can the front-end server be regular exchange 2003 standard?

Since the front-end server has no database I would assume so, but I wanted to confirm before we splurge $1400 on the front-end setup (the only reason why we have enterprise is the 16GB limit, we exceeded it a while ago).

Comment

Yes, Exchange Server 2003 Std. edition can act as a Front-End server, unlike Exchange 2000 where you needed the Ent. edition.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X