No announcement yet.

Postini E-Mail Content Filter

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postini E-Mail Content Filter

Hello Group - Our company is using Postini as a 3rd party Filtering system for our email before it comes into our building. When I hired on (nearly 1 year ago), everyone was getting many many "bad e-mails" and only a few people seemed to think it was an issue. well - I began to enter some filtering and learning more about Postini, and I have made drastic changes in what is received in e-mails (I have had many comments since then stating that there are fewer messages coming through).

I know it is a never ending battle to provide filtering for e-mail, but I am curious to know if anyone has come across anything on the net or in a different Content Filtering software that has a listing of of already entered data? OR - a different software that does not have to be managed by entering a word or phrase to get messages to become blocked?

What are some of the software filtering packages you are using? Do you like them?

Please let me know.

Re: Postini E-Mail Content Filter

You might be better off going with a hardware solution to help manage your spam. My understanding is that the Barracuda unit does a really nice job in managing spam and there isn't a whole to do from a sys admin perspective. My company was looking to put in an such an appliance but have not done so yet. But to answer your question, I'm not sure what other software packages are out there that would all of this info your entering already established.