Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read & Send confirmation: Option available in Exchange?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read & Send confirmation: Option available in Exchange?

I got a question of a customer wich is the following:
    The customer wants to receive a confirmation when the mail is delivered and when the mail is read.

The customer is using the right mouse button on a file and choose Copy to -> E-mail recepient, but then the option send and read confirmations are not on.

Even when i have set the option in Outlook, this doesn't work.
    The option wich i have set is: Tools -> Options -> E-mail options -> Control options -> and i enabled the Read confirmation and the Receive confirmation.

If i send an e-mail with Microsoft Outlook 2003 i got them both.
    Do i use the Copy to options these options are not set and i need to manually enable them.

So thats why i was looking for if Exchange has an option to enable this in Exchange or to adjust the settings of the Copy To option.

Does anyone has some experience with this?

Re: Read & Send confirmation: Option available in Exchange?

Does no one have a clue wich could be the problem or if it could be possible trough exchange?

Comment

Hi,

You will get the delivery notification but not the read confirmation, its total email reader wish to send read recipt and there is no work around of it or rather that is not possible.

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by muneer_bom3 View Post
        Hi,

You will get the delivery notification but not the read confirmation, its total email reader wish to send read recipt and there is no work around of it or rather that is not possible.

Rgds
        The other way, i do get the read recipt but not the deliver receipt.
        Even when i use Outlook settings the customer doesn't receive the delivery notification.

So i am in a bit of a struggle and can't get a good finger on the problem.

Comment

Are sender and recipient in the same Exchange Organisation?

If not, it's not guaranteed to work anyway (and in my experience NEVER works).

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
          X