Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Standard: No e-mail adresses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Standard: No e-mail adresses

I have installed Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 Standard.
    I ran the Internet Mail Wizard
    I checked the Recepient policy
    I rebuild the offline adress folder

But still the user wich i have enabled with Exchange Tasks in Active directory and created a mailbox for is not seeying any e-mail adresses on the tab "E-mail Addresses".

Even when i manually reapply the recepient policy, it doesn't get filled.
    Event viewer is not showing any errors and for as far as i know it has to work like this.

Does someone have encoutered this problem before and could help me with this?

Re: Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Standard: No e-mail adresses

I have had this before when updating has been slow. Have you tried forcing the RUS connection. As far as I am aware, they apply the recipient policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      I have had this before when updating has been slow. Have you tried forcing the RUS connection. As far as I am aware, they apply the recipient policy.
      If you mean the Recepient Policy wich i already reapplied like i said before
      "Even when i manually reapply the recepient policy, it doesn't get filled."
      , Yes i have done that, but still no e-mail adresses in Active Directory visiable.

If this is not what you mean, than please let me know.

Comment

Can you provide more info on your setup. Where are the DCs, DNS servers, sites etc. What is showing in the directory access tab etc.

A couple of links to start with
        http://www.msexchange.org/articles/T...rvice-RUS.html
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288807
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I realise you stated you had done this manually. Its just that there is the option of 'Apply This Policy now' on the recipient Policy itself and of course Update Now and Rebuild on the RUS enterprise and domain services. You hadn't specified. Just a suggestion based on my experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            Can you provide more info on your setup. Where are the DCs, DNS servers, sites etc. What is showing in the directory access tab etc.

A couple of links to start with
            http://www.msexchange.org/articles/T...rvice-RUS.html
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288807
            Thanks, i will follow these links and let you know the outcome.
            I'm sorry about the info, but this is the first time i encoutered this problem and i don't really know what kind of info you need.

I will first try these 2 links and will come back to you.

I realise you stated you had done this manually. Its just that there is the option of 'Apply This Policy now' on the recipient Policy itself and of course Update Now and Rebuild on the RUS enterprise and domain services. You hadn't specified. Just a suggestion based on my experiences.
            Sorry, i only have done the "Apply this policy now" option and i think your suggestion is also mentioned in one of the 2 links. So i will let you know.

Both thank you for replies and i will let you know if it is solved or not.

Comment

I see. Hope you get it sorted. I usually do the Update Now on the RUS to force the email addresses to be populated but you may have other problems as well. Good luck.

Comment

I see. Hope you get it sorted. I usually do the Update Now on the RUS to force the email addresses to be populated but you may have other problems as well. Good luck.
                I don't know really what i did but it works now.
                I have followed this site: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/T...rvice-RUS.html

I set logging to maximum, restarted the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant, Rebuild the Recipient Update Service (Domain name) en before i went further with investigation i thought let's check if some miracle already happened.

Yes it did
                The users e-mail list are populated. So i think it was just as simple as rebooting the server or restart that service.

Thanks for the help so far and hopefully i won't encouter any more strange problems.

The Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer tool, is this a tool wich could be usefull to check to overall exchange enviroment or is there some other tool wich could help me by discovering more problems or check if everything is ok?

I know enough to get exchange up and running and keep it running, but for some other situations i got tools wich helps me to quickly see if something is wrong.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted. Another good tool to use is Exchange Best Practices Tool.

Comment

Working...
                  X