Restore Deleted User and mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore Deleted User and mailbox

I *might* have a situation coming up where I'll need to restore a user and mailbox that have been deleted. The mailbox and user have been deleted over 30 days ago which I believe means that the Mailbox Recovery Console is useless.

We are running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2003. We run Arcserve Brick-level backups.

Any thoughts?

Re: Restore Deleted User and mailbox

i dont know Arcserve but i have in the passed done the following which is a very big proccess that i never want to repead,

get a box and load exchange restore the backup and then use exmerge to export the mailbox as a pst file.

cant arcserve restore a single mailbox?

Comment

You should be able (in Exchange 2003) to mount the database from the backup into a "recovery storage group" and get the mailbox from there.
      Alternatively Arcserve may support a direct restore if you create an empty mailbox with the same name
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Alternatively Arcserve may support a direct restore if you create an empty mailbox with the same name
        This was the plan I thought about. I'll have to manually recreate the user and mailbox and then dump the restore to that new mailbox.
        Last edited by jp1; 13th August 2008, 18:28.

Comment

Whatever you do, you will have to create a new user and Exchange enable him/her
          RSG should still work
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X