Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not login in Exchange 2003 unless u r domain admin

Hey guys,

I have hit a brick wall and i need help big time. You are my last chance before i call MS support which will cost 200 pounds ...... (not much but manager is away and i cant get it authorized)......

This is the issue

We are running 2k3 for all our server . Since i have updated Exchange to sp1 I am experiencing the issue that random users can not login on
    Exchange using a Outlook but they can login fine using OWA. We have not modified any permissions but since the upgrade the only fixes are:

1. Bounce the server (the problem dissapears for a week or so and then it is back on for random users)
    2. Add the users to the domain admin group.

I have already bounced the server last week and it was fixed but now a week later different users are experiencing this issue.

More details:

All users need a username and password to login using Outlook 2003 as the exchange server is part of different domain.
    Once they login the connection icon down the right corner says disconnected and trys to connect every 5 secs tries to reconnect but with no luck

If i remove the Exchange cached mode the users receives this error

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your
    Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with the offline folder file."

This was never an issue until we applied SP1 on Exchange.

We have two Exchnage servers that store different mailboxes and it is
    happening to users from both servers.

As well if it is permissions how come a reboot fixes it. I have 10 users now added to the domain admin group and i am so worried. Lucky they do not have access to the domain other then email but it is not a fix i like to keep.

I can not think of anything else to add. I think the IS is gone crazy but i do not know how to prove that and i can not erboot the server every week as it will kill our SLA's and my job.

And if it was a permissions issue why using OWA it works fine. It has to do something with the patch..... I am going crazy and nervous

Anyway please feel free to email on [email protected] or [email protected] with any suggestions. If nothing comes out of it MS is my last chance and i will have to pay for it

Many thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Mario

MCP,MCSA , CCNA , No Life

Anything in the event log?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Nothing at all that it is not usual .... And it doesnt happened to all our users only random ones from different stores and servers. I am really stuck and annoyed.
      Regards,

Mario

Comment

I double checked the logs and all i have are a lot of 700X SMTP errors and a few OLA Generation and a couple od DyamicDNS (netlogon) but thats it.

I am bouncing the server as we speak but i wont be able to do that for much longer as it is not the solution.
        Regards,

Mario

Comment

Well i have had a search on google and google groups and i cant find anyone with the same problem. I dont know if it is possible to remove SOP1 for Exchange 2003 but i think it maybe a start if you are having to reboot servers.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hmmm i have checked in Google and some other forums and some people had the same issue with Exchange 2003 but nobody has claimed what the solution is.

I did reboot the server and everything seems to be ok now but next time it happends it is for MS to solve is as i will log a call. I really think there is a bug somewhere that is triggered with something on our system but I wish i knew what it was.

I will continue looking any feedback is more than welcome
            Regards,

Mario

Comment

Working...
            X