X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveSync problem Ex2003sp2 - one particular mailbox

Hi there

This is only my second post, so please, be gentle with me

I am having a problem for the past couple of days now trying to configure a HTC Touch PDA with ActiveSync via Direct push.

The server is configured fine, I know this as I can connect to a different mailbox on the server and it syncs without failure. When I configure the MD's to do the sync, it fails, on an epic level. The error it gives is that it cannot find the server. This is not true, /Exchange is accessible via the browser on the device, and so is OMA.

When I change the username and password only on the device, ActiveSync will sync up again, without problems.

The only difference I can see with these accounts (other than the MD's mailbox being around 1.5gb in size), is that he has a ridiculous amount of subfolders under his inbox. And when I say ridiculous, I mean over 100 easy, and some of these are subfolders of subfolders of subfolders, I am unsure how deep they do actually go as I dont want to go delving into what could possibly be interpreted as sensitive information.

I have therefore been looking for some information in regards to silly amounts of subfolders on an inbox creating problems when using ActiveSync with a PDA, however my efforts so far have been fruitless.

The error code is 0x80072F78.

Any advice given is greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Re: ActiveSync problem Ex2003sp2 - one particular mailbox

I should add that the server is in fact a Windows Small Biz 2003 server. All current updates applied.

Comment

Are you setting this up cradled or when the device isn't connected to a desktop?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

No, just using wireless sync and direct push.

Comment

Well if it works for one user and not another then, as I'm sure you are aware, it is likely the mailbox.
          Does he have the correct permissions to sync (remove and re-allow)? Do you have more than one Exchange MB server too (maybe try moving the mailbox to another server)
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Yes I ruled it down to the mailbox.

I like I mentioned in the first post, the only thing which is notable above the other mailboxes, is the sheer amount of subfolders this guy has in his inbox.

I am not exaggerating when I say there could quite easily be 200+ subfolders, some of these are subs of subs of subs of subs of subs, yada yada yada.

I have been looking for any information which would confirm that this may present a problem, but I am unable to find anything to corroborate the theory so far.

Comment

Working...
            X