Licensing for external users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing for external users

I have read this awesome thread, and this article, which implied the external license connector was the way forward for staff/contractors requiring a mailbox accessing purely by OWA outside the company.

Imagine my shock, when the quote came through at £40K + VAT!

Re: Licensing for external users

No staff or employees. Just outside vendors, partners, or contractors. And you still need an exchange CAL.

How many usrs do you have? If its over 250, you go to the enterprise licencing anyway.

so....what calculations did you do to get the 40K?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Just thinking ahead really. Far less than 250, but the article i read, led me to believe that the external connector license was the way forward.

When i spoke with an MS partner, the quote they sent was;

Exchange Svr ExtrnConn 2007 Sngl OLP NL Qualified Qty 1 £39,559.99 + VAT

Comment

Thats the exchange external connector, that is for unlimited users on exchange. (external users only, can be employees)

The external connector (non-exchange) is for AD access for outside users (non employees).
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
        X