X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Shows up then disappears

Hi,

Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Outlook 2003

Have a weird issue that a couple of users have complained about over the last few days. On separate occasions, they claim to have seen an email in their Inbox, then they'll turn around for a minute, come back, and the email is gone. Both users still had the messages show up on their blackberries, but searching through their mail folders they were nowhere to be found.

There were not any rules setup in Outlook. We use Postini spam filter, which filters before they hit our server, so don't think it was spam related.

Any ideas what might cause this? naturally i just thought they deleted them accidentally, but seeing them still on the Blackberries has me thinking otherwise.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Mail Shows up then disappears

Does this happen for every mail? Rules work after the mail arrives therefore would seem to be the most likely (Spam folder too)
    Maybe Outlook is set to put the mail in a local folder rather than in the inbox.
    or can you setup blackberries without using a BES server to forward mails and delete?
    Maybe even someone else using POP3 to access the mailbox elsewhere and not leaving messages on the server?
    Even, last thought, someone deleting them using this mailbox as shared?

End guesswork!
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions

I figured it was a rule as well, but I didnt see any rules on either of these two pc's.

Nobody else has rights to this mailbox, and POP is disabled, and used by nobody.

Doesnt happen with all emails, just a couple random ones. Seems to be fine now, so not sure if i should just chalk it up to a glitch in the matrix and hope it doesnt happen again. Just curiopus to see if anyone had come across this before.

Thanks

Comment

You could confirm it arrived with Message Tracking, then see if it left again?
        Have you seen it yourself or is this something a user says happens?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X