OWA - SSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA - SSL

I have found your website to be an asset beyond words. Thanks! I am having problems getting my OWA to work outside my network. I have setup the CA as described in your articles and it works great inside the network. I have opened port 443 through my firewall but when I try to hit the website from the outside, I get a page cannot be displayed error. What am I missing?

Rodney

A "real" certificate from a third party vendor like Verisign.
    http://www.verisign.com/products-ser...ssl/index.html
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I must disagree. Having a 3rd party cert is NOT a must. One can set up SSL with a self-appointed CA certificate.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have a CA server and certificate setup. When I look at traffic at the firewall, I see packets through port 443. Is this a trust issue (not as in trust relationship between DC's but a CA trust ) with a different network? Why would the FB login work inside and not outside the network?

Rodney

Comment

Woops. My apologies Rodney, I read the last line as the certificate was throwing up a Security Alert. (Call me a twonk)

Are the 443 packets being forwarded to the mail server through the firewall or do they arrive there and don't know where the final destination is?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

When I look at the traffic, it shows to be bound for the correct server. The server just never seems to reply.

Rodney

Comment

Working...
            X