X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizational Forms Library Folder Missing

Exchange 2003, SP2
    Outlook 2003

From outlook, when I try to publish a form to the Organizational Forms Library, I get an error message:

"Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The form cannot be installed becasue you do not have owner permissions."

I know that I need to have Owner permissions for the folder, but I can't find the folder. By default, EFORMS REGISTRY was empty. I created a folder, but that didn't change anything.

I've been searching for a fix for this for about 2 weeks now. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Here is the thread from another forum where I posted this question (without a solution)

Will someone explain the process of publishing a custom form to the Organizational Forms Library. I'm using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I already have the form created - I just need to publish it somewhere accessible to everyone on my Exchange server.

Thanks.
    Tags:
    microsoft, exchange, 2003

Zones:
    Outlook Groupware Software, Exchange Email Server

Author:
    brainbolt, Premium Service Member

ID:21973098Author:florin_sDate:07.10.2008 at 08:27AM CDTExpert Comment

florin_s:
    Hi,

please see the following articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290802

http://www.outlookcode.com/archive0/d/formpub.htm
    Accept Multiple Solutions Accept as Solution

ID:21974366Author:brainboltDate:07.10.2008 at 10:28AM CDTYour Comment

brainbolt:
    thanks, florin.

I followed the directions in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244591 (a MS KB article referenced in the outlookcode.com page), but I don't see the "Organizational Forms" folder that the outlookcode.com article talks about.

When I open Exchange System Manager and browse to Folders > Public Folders and then right-click and view system folders, I see the EFORMS REGISTRY folder, but it is empty. Isn't that where the "Organization Forms" folder mentioned in the outlookcode.com article should be located?
    Accept and Award Points Accept as Solution

ID:21981162Author:florin_sDate:07.11.2008 at 05:33AM CDTExpert Comment

florin_s:
    You are correct, but if you did not create any forms, there is nothing to show.

Also a good tool for administering public folders is PFDAVAdmin:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/d...displaylang=en

You can use PFDAVAdmin to perform various management tasks related to public folders and mailboxes

ID:21982833Author:brainboltDate:07.11.2008 at 09:45AM CDTYour Comment

brainbolt:
    Ok, so I just tried to publish a form to the Organization Forms Library and I get the following message:

"Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The form cannot be installed becasue you do not have owner permissions."

I know I need ownership permissions for the folder, but which folder is it, and where do I go to change the permissions?

ID:21983832Author:florin_sDate:07.11.2008 at 11:32AM CDTExpert Comment

florin_s:

Just go to public folders, right click -> properties and add your self in the security tab with the permissions you would like to have

ID:21983874Author:brainboltDate:07.11.2008 at 11:38AM CDTYour Comment

brainbolt:
    Here is what I did: Opened Exchange System Manager, expanded "Folders", right-clicked "Public Folders", selected "Properties", clicked the "Security" tab, and added myself with full control. After I did this, it still doesn't work.

Is this what you meant for me to do?Accept and Award Points Accept as Solution

ID:21983929Author:florin_sDate:07.11.2008 at 11:44AM CDTExpert Comment

florin_s:
    yes, sorry I think I made a mistake I have found a discution on this site please see link:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Soft..._21810037.html

please let me know if it works

ID:21983959Author:brainboltDate:07.11.2008 at 11:47AM CDTYour Comment

brainbolt:
    Thanks for your help with this.

In the accepted comment, it says this:

>>Open EFORMS Registry - Global forms

I see the EFORMS REGISTRY system folder, but there is no "Global Forms." Any idea why?Accept and Award Points Accept as Solution

ID:21984268Author:florin_sDate:07.11.2008 at 12:23PM CDTExpert Comment

florin_s:
    maybe it is another language, for example I administer some german servers, the "Global Forms" is the first there.
    please see attachement

ScreenHunter-10-Jul.-11-20.21.jpg (6 KB) (File Type Details) Global Forms

ID:21984340Author:brainboltDate:07.11.2008 at 12:31PM CDTYour Comment

brainbolt:
    The EFORMS REGISTRY folder is emptyAccept and Award Points Accept as Solution

ID:21984520Author:florin_sDate:07.11.2008 at 12:55PM CDTExpert Comment

florin_s:
    sorry right now I have no more ideas, but I'm searching for a solution

ID:21984858Author:brainboltDate:07.11.2008 at 01:39PM CDTYour Comment

brainbolt:
    I created a folder, but I am not able to see that folder in outlook for the purposes of publishing the form. All I see when I choose "Publish Form As..." from outlook is the empty Organizational Forms Library folder, and I still get the owner permission error.

Strangely, I CAN see the folder created if from outlook I go to Tools > Options > 'Other' tab > Advanced Options > Custom Forms > Manage Forms." The new folder is in the list of Forms Libraries, but I just can't do anything with it.

Also of note, if I try to delete the folder I created, I get the following error:

>The Requested operation is forbidden.
    >
    >ID no: c1030af1
    >Exchange System Manager

I looked up that error, but only found references to getting that error when trying to expand the public folder folder tree.

Re: Organizational Forms Library Folder Missing

Anyone...?

Comment

Working...
    X