Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

    I was having the Issue concerning Exchange 5.5/2003 of the Service Account

    I did it as in explain in this guide
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922259

    So I change the account for a new one in the actual domain but How Can I rip of this window complete.

    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

    Leonardo da Vinci

  • #2
    Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

    Do you have any Exchange 5.5 servers? That is the first question that needs to be answered.

    Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

    Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

    Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

      Originally posted by Sembee View Post
      Do you have any Exchange 5.5 servers? That is the first question that needs to be answered.

      Simon.

      Not anymore, that's why I need to remove this.

      Event we are in 2003 native ambient.
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

      Leonardo da Vinci

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

        So when are you getting that prompt? If you have no Exchange 5.5 servers then the service account shouldn't even be required. Make sure that you do not have the Active Directory Connector anywhere - if you do then remove it using add/remove programs.

        Simon.
        --
        Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

        Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

        Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

          Originally posted by Sembee View Post
          So when are you getting that prompt? If you have no Exchange 5.5 servers then the service account shouldn't even be required. Make sure that you do not have the Active Directory Connector anywhere - if you do then remove it using add/remove programs.

          Simon.

          I'm getting the prompt when I want to install a new exchange server and also I don't really have Active Directory Connector per se but I never was remove if not that the server failed to dead.

          So maybe via ADSIEDII I Could delete does entries.
          When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

          Leonardo da Vinci

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

            When you are install Exchange 2003, are you selecting Typical or a custom installation?
            A common problem is where people do not select Typical but choose custom and select all objects.

            Hacking about in adsiedit.msc is not a good idea and is not something I would recommend.

            Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

            Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

            Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

              Just typical.

              I have a copy of the domain virtualized, I can do any test without any problem but I need the advice.
              When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

              Leonardo da Vinci

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

                A copy of the domain isn't really enough.
                Somewhere in the domain the Active Directory Connector is installed. It will most likely be on a domain controller. It needs to be removed.

                Simon.
                --
                Simon Butler
                Exchange MVP

                Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

                Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

                  Originally posted by Sembee View Post
                  A copy of the domain isn't really enough.
                  Somewhere in the domain the Active Directory Connector is installed. It will most likely be on a domain controller. It needs to be removed.

                  Simon.

                  Not is not, the Active Directory Connector was installed in a server which dies before the uninstallation was done.
                  When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

                  Leonardo da Vinci

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

                    So you did have the ADC installed. If it wasn't removed before the machine failed then as far as Exchange and the domain is concerned, it is still there.
                    You will have to remove it manually.

                    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841667

                    Simon.
                    --
                    Simon Butler
                    Exchange MVP

                    Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

                    Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

                      Originally posted by Sembee View Post
                      So you did have the ADC installed. If it wasn't removed before the machine failed then as far as Exchange and the domain is concerned, it is still there.
                      You will have to remove it manually.

                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841667

                      Simon.

                      The only method that applied is the 3th but those server has been deleted.

                      The only things that I can see which remain referent to the migration was two server which was used as ADC servers, until one died and after the migration before finishing the migration cleaning process are two in this screenshot.

                      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

                      Leonardo da Vinci

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

                        There is something still hanging around that Exchange is trying to use. You wouldn't get the prompt otherwise.
                        Have you checked the other servers for any signs of Exchange 5.5? The admin console for example?
                        Have you also checked that there are no services connected to Exchange running under the old service account?

                        This might be something that has to be taken to Microsoft, as the prompts you are getting should not be seen if the ADC references have been removed. Microsoft can do the one thing that we cannot - and that is remote in to your server and look.

                        Simon.
                        --
                        Simon Butler
                        Exchange MVP

                        Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

                        Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How to get rip of Exchange Service Account

                          Originally posted by Sembee View Post
                          There is something still hanging around that Exchange is trying to use. You wouldn't get the prompt otherwise.
                          Have you checked the other servers for any signs of Exchange 5.5? The admin console for example?
                          Have you also checked that there are no services connected to Exchange running under the old service account?

                          This might be something that has to be taken to Microsoft, as the prompts you are getting should not be seen if the ADC references have been removed. Microsoft can do the one thing that we cannot - and that is remote in to your server and look.

                          Simon.

                          Not exchange 5.5 at all and there's no services connected to exchange under the old account, even the domain where the other account reside is not longer available either.

                          Maybe I should have to call Microsoft or contract an exchange evangelist.
                          When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

                          Leonardo da Vinci

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X