Purging single inbox older then X days withOUT using ExMerge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purging single inbox older then X days withOUT using ExMerge

I am working for an office that has their spam mail filtered by an ISP, then it sends that mail to a single mailbox called “spam.” We are using an Exchange 2k server / SP3. Currently, there are 4.5 Gb of data in the “users” mailbox.

I need to find a way to do a couple of things:

(1) Delete a large amount of mail in the “users” inbox (3.5 Gb +) using other then the ExMerge utility. (It always dies after it cleans out 120 – 150 Mb of data).

(2) Be able to auto delete all files that are 35 days or older.

Is there a way to do this? I have tried looking it up on Microsoft’s site, but I just get everything else but what I am looking for. I have a feeling that you need to use some script(s) of some sort; however, I don’t know squat about scripting (e.g.: ADO, WMI, VB, etc). I am not afraid of it, and I am willing to try, I just don’t know anything about scripting except for DOS batch files and *gasp* Novell login scripts.

Thanks in advance-

Keith

I have the same issue with NDR's mailbox. Is now close to 8 Gb and i manually delete emails but i am not going very far.

If i find a way i let you know. I created a rule once on that mailbox but it caused exchange to crash.

Good luck !!!
    Regards,

Mario

MCP,MCSA , CCNA , No Life

Comment

You both might benefit from this article over at msexchange.org:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Tony,

Last time we tried something like that (i was told) the exchange server crushed but as i am taking over here i will give it a go.
        Regards,

Mario

MCP,MCSA , CCNA , No Life

Comment

Working...
        X