No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 Mailboxes never created

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Mailboxes never created

Here is my layout:

We have 2 Servers in a 50 user network. Server1 is Windows 2000 Server that is DC running AD and DNS with static IP and is DHCP server behind Cisco 871 router. Server1 is a Dual Xeon 3.06GHz processor w/ 2GB. This Server has been in place for years and is simply a file server. Server2 is Windows 2003 Server that was installed less than 2 years ago as a Terminal Server with static IP of Server2 is Pentium4 3.4GHz w/ 3GB.

Last week I installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition on Server2. Installation went smooth w/ no error messages. Logging in as Administrator to the domain from Server2 console, I can see all users in AD and run System Manager and see the Mailbox Store. When I add a test user account in AD, the Create Mailbox Wizard runs with no errors but the mailbox is never created. I cannot find any new mailboxes in System Manager. I cannot configure the Outlook client to access the Exchange mailbox because the mailbox never really was created.

What am I missing here?

Re: Exchange 2003 Mailboxes never created

Mailboxes are not created until they are required.
    Therefore the accounts can be mail enabled, but that is all. Send a message to the account and you will find a mailbox is created for it.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.