No announcement yet.

how to copy ex 03 database

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to copy ex 03 database

hello. I have installed new exchange 2003 server and I want to copy previous exchange 2003 server emails to new exchange server 2003. cos some people are using the OWA and all their old email are in old server. old server is not using now. how can i retrieve all their OWA email from old server to new server. thank

Re: how to copy ex 03 database

You can use ExMerge to create PST files of all users as well...

make a full database backup with your backup software and you can restore it in your new server

Are they in the same network , if yes you can automaticly retrivew the mails if you set it correctly ( you can download some tools from MS web site)

ps: similar post was also posted here, have look

good luck
    Last edited by cemarzu; 14th July 2008, 06:02. Reason: post update with link

Originally posted by examplez View Post
      old server is not using now
      Is it still running or do you just have the database files?

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

if the old server is not working and all you have is the database files (or a backup), you can try Ontrack's PowerControls -- they have saved my life on several occasions!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **