No announcement yet.

Certificate not issuing for OWA

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate not issuing for OWA

Hi friends,

In a test lab, I have just migrated my exchange 2000 mailboxes to exchange 2003 by using swing migration as define in the article by "Simon Butler"

Now i have windows 2000 DC, windows 2000 exchange server and the new exchange 2003 that is contain all of my public folder and mail boxex.

My question is:

I am trying to configurign SSL for my owa configuration by using windows certificate authority ( windows CA only for test lab) but no certificate is issuing and CA says "Denied by Policy module........" Is this because of mine current setup or something else. i am configuring CA on the new exchange 2003.

Kindly suggest

Re: Certificate not issuing for OWA

Any reason you are using Certificate Services for a public facing role? That is almost as bad as using a self generated SSL certificate. Certificate Services is only appropriate where you have control over 100% of the machines accessing the site. If you don't then it isn't the right tool to use, you should purchase a certificate.

I don't know how much time you have spent on the process, but a trusted SSL certificate can be purchased for US$25/year from and will not cause any certificate prompts when users access the site, which is more secure.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.