How Can I refrencing mails?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I refrencing mails?

How can I referencing mail send through my exchange mail... I mean when I send an e-mail and before go to recipient; exchange must add reference on subject like

To: someone

Subject: subject (Ref: #######)

i didnt fine option in exchange

i hope you to help me in this setuation
    i used exchange 2003 and outlook 2007

regards

Re: How Can I refrencing mails?

There is no way of marking messages with a reference number in either Exchange or Outlook. You need a CRM to do that.

Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

how can i do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sembee View Post
        There is no way of marking messages with a reference number in either Exchange or Outlook. You need a CRM to do that.

Simon.
        To be more precise, you need an 3rd party application (or custom exchange/outlook addin), not specific an CRM, it could even be done in outlook using an VBA script, but that would require some planning and programming.

Comment

aha... but i don't have experiance in programing can you help and guid me to find third party or in programing to custamize exchange or outlook

Comment

Originally posted by bustanji83 View Post
            aha... but i don't have experiance in programing can you help and guid me to find third party or in programing to custamize exchange or outlook
            That depends on where to get the reference number from.

I.O.W.

1. where is the reference number referring to?
            2. which mails should be processed?

p.s. Customizing Outlook through VBA isn't very difficult to learn

Comment

Unless you are marking a reference number for a purpose - like to track the messages in a CRM then the process would seem pointless.

You do know what a CRM is? It is a third party application, like Microsoft CRM which will manage your entire customer relationship. Not something that you wake up one morning and decide to deploy, as it can affect the entire operation of the company.

Simon.
              --
              Simon Butler
              Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
              More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
              Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
              In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldM View Post
                That depends on where to get the reference number from.

I.O.W.

1. where is the reference number referring to?
                2. which mails should be processed?

p.s. Customizing Outlook through VBA isn't very difficult to learn
                ok.. but can you guid me to referrance to learn outlook programming

Comment

ok.. but can you guid me to referrance to learn outlook programming
                  http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=40

great site to start out learning about outlook programming and the outlook object programming model (iow where you can find what in outlook).

First you have to decide if you want to add the reference number before you send the mail or add the reference number after the user presses Send (both methods are possible).

The first method allows the user to manually edit the reference number, the latter method add's the number after the user presses send therefore the user cannot edit the number anymore.

To use an central reference number supply (for the whole company) you will need some kind of Database (could be an acces database) where outlook will retrieve the reference number, but you will need to supply more info on what you are trying to achieve so i can give an better advice on how to do things.

For more info just google on "Outlook and VBA".
                  Last edited by RonaldM; 6th July 2008, 08:21.

Comment

add the reference number after the user presses Send this mail is my first choice
                    and i am going to see the site about outlook programming

Comment

Have a look at PolicyPatrol -- it has the ability to change email titles depending on rules you set up, but I dont know if it will be flexible enough for your needs.
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

add the reference number after the user presses Send this mail is my first choice
                        and i am going to see the site about outlook programming
                        Then you will have to place youre code in the ItemSend section off the outlook VBA session.

This is called right after an user presses send and it give's you an object containing the item that is being send.

You can modify that item before it's actually send

example, just press Alt-F11 to open the VBA editor,
                        expand "Project1", "Microsoft Office Outlook", and double click "ThisOutlookSession".

An code editor should open up and on the left dropdown box select Application and make sure that on the right dropdownbox you select ItemSend.

Code:
                        Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)

Item.Subject = "(youre Reference number here) " + Item.Subject

End Sub
                        This very crude but it's just an small example, now you'l have to figure out where to get the reference number from.

Comment

dear RonaldM
                          i did but after i paste the code in code editor, what i must to do, i tried to save it... i hope help me more
                          You are the best

Comment

ok it is worked ... i enabled macros

so do u have away to applied this through exchange not outlook

Regards

me

Comment

dear RonaldM
                              i did but after i paste the code in code editor, what i must to do, i tried to save it... i hope help me more
                              You are the best
                              First open VBA editor (Alt-F11)

make sure you have this :

then save it :

After that restart outlook and then send an test message, the message should appear in the Sent Items like this :

As you see, the Reference number will be added after you press send, the user will not be able to change that number before sending the message.

You will still have to somehow get an reference number from somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X