No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 PreSubmissionQueue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 PreSubmissionQueue

We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 (yes, I know, it is in hand) on Windows 2003 SP2 and have recently configured some monitoring software which send alerts when certain triggers are passed.

I have set an alert on the WMI QUEUE - I hoped it would tell me if the queues visible in Exchange System Manager (admin group ....Queues) were growing but all I have got so far is that the

'Queue PreSubmissionQueue of Link PreSubmissionQueue of Server EXCHANGE is keep growing'

The queue is cleared quite quickly and I when I track Email messages there doesn't seem to be a delay at the time the queue is growing.

I have had a search on the www and found that the queue is the entry point in the advanced queuing engine and custom SMTP processing code such as AntiVirus process the message.

I have also checked our AntiVirus and although there are messages in there they don't all coincide with the queue growing alerts I get.

So my query, can any one explain what is going on, does it matter and how do I resolve the issue?

Many thanks

Re: Exchange 2003 PreSubmissionQueue

The queue alerts on WMI are always giving false positives - it has actually got to the point where I no longer use them. Every time I get an alert I look at the queue and find it is empty by the time I have got to the server. I have found a much better alerting system for problems with Exchange - the users. They seem to notice problems before I do!

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Exchange 2003 PreSubmissionQueue

I wouldnt really call it a false positive. The instrumentation feature for want a better word is crap. Its useless and uninformative.