Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2k3 Org consolidation

Need some expert advice from the best tech site around

I have two seperate Exchange 2k3 Orgs that are in two seperate domains. The only way the domains know about each other is through a two way forest transitive trust. I need to consolidate one of the Exchange Orgs into the other while keeping the consolidated domain in tact. Basically, I want eliminate one of the actual Exchange servers but, not effect the Exchange Org by consolidating it into the other Exchange Org.

Is this possible? I know that moving a mailbox to another server only works if the admin group is in the same org. It has to be possible though because an acquisition would put many companies in this situation. How can this be done?

Thanks.

Re: Exchange 2k3 Org consolidation

You can move the users over and export/import the pst files.

2007 allows cross forest moves but that isn't much help with 2003.

How much do you want to consolidate? Just users with MBs?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Exchange 2k3 Org consolidation

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      You can move the users over and export/import the pst files.

2007 allows cross forest moves but that isn't much help with 2003.

How much do you want to consolidate? Just users with MBs?
      So export/import using exmerge maybe? Can this be used for public folders as well?

Upgrading to 2007 is a consideration... just gotta get the fundage approved .

I have about 200 gigs of mailboxes for a 100 person company. I need to move every aspect of exchange to the other org.

I'd like to put this in a separate Admin Group on the new Org. Is that the recommended thing to do?

Comment

Working...
      X