Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is MBX folder on Exchange 2003 server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is MBX folder on Exchange 2003 server?

1. Tried to map to MBX folder using IIS on exchange server 2003, but could not find the path. The default is \\.\BackOfficeStorage\Domain.COM\MBX
    , but I could not find the path or folder on the system. This is on 2003 server.

2. On my 2nd EX2003 server, the system manager won't run, it gave me "Exchange System Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." On event view, the error description was as "Faulting application exadmin.dll, version 6.5.6944.0, stamp 3edc4e02, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.0.2195.6794, stamp 3f302c32, debug? 0, fault address 0x0002ba9d. " This is on windows 2K server.

Any input would be appreciated.

Peter

1) Any new virtual directories that have to do with Exchange need to be created from within the ESM, not from IIS.

2) I'll let others answer, it's way past 1:00 AM here...
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Exchange's default mailbox store is located at C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb but it is accessed via a virtual folder which is controlled and created by Exchange. Like Daniel mentioned if you need to add new stores it must be done from within ESM.

Just right click on the storage group and you can create new mailbox or public stores.

Is that what you were trying to accomplish?
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X