No announcement yet.

Cannot run ForestPrep and DomainPrep

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot run ForestPrep and DomainPrep

I removed Exchange Server 2003 completely from this machine that used to be a DC with the switch of D:\setup\i386 D:setup.exe /removeorg. I did this so that I can installed a fresh copy of Exchange Server 2003. After going through this step as per Microsoft recommendations. Now ForestPrep and DomainPrep could not load ans the error I am having is "The component Microsoft Exchange messaging and collaboration services cannot be assigned the action Install because: To install the first Exchange server in a domain, or to run setup in /ForestPrep mode, you must be on Exchange Full Administrator at the organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the Full Exchange Administrator role on the Exchange organization using the Exchange Administrative Delegation wizard".

Thats the error I am getting. Please all the Exchange gurus out there, show me how to resolve this so that I can continue with my Exchange Installtion. Thanks.

Stupid question but are you installing it as a user with schema admin, enterprise admin and domain admin rights?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **