No announcement yet.

Wrong username on meeting request reply?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong username on meeting request reply?

We had a strange event happen this afternoon that I cannot explain without the "BOFH" excuse of the day calendar.

Steve creates a meeting request and sends it to users Alan & Todd.

Alan quickly responds and says ok I will be there and sends it back to Steve the resonse comes in and the From: field says that it came from Todd

Later in the day Todd replies and says ok I will be there.

So in Steve's outlook it appears that Todd replied twice, and Alan never responded.

I even checked the permissions on Todd's mailbox and there are no other users that have permission to it other then usual admin's.

Re: Wrong username on meeting request reply?

The trouble we are having is in a 2003 Domain with one PDC and one BDC. The PDC is server 2003 R2 running Exchange 2003, 90% of the workstations are XP SP2 (a few are SP3) all running Outlook 2003.

It was just reported to me from a different user that he received a random meeting request response.

User A sends a meeting request to User B, User B responds ok I will be there. User C seems to be randomly chosen out of a hat to receive a copy of the response from User B.

What is going on here??? Anybody?
    Last edited by stylus277; 11th June 2008, 14:38.

Have a search on the word "delegates" on these forums and you may find something useful.

Something like this:

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sorry for not researching this before posting, I found the answer to my problem on this forum.

Some of the users had "delegates" added to their mailbox's which caused this to happen.

The settings are found under -Tools -Options on the Delegates tab.

One more thing; Windows Server 2003 does not have PDCs and BDCs - it has only Domain Controllers, and all domain controllers have a full read-write copy of the database. For backwards compatibility in mixed domains, and for rapid replication of urgent matters such as password changes, there is a PDC Emulator role which is held by one of these domain controllers.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you