Exchange 2003,database >18G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003,database >18G

I get an error message every other day that my database is larger then 18G.
    After that the mailbox store dissmounts and exchange stop working until I reboot.
    I am running Exchange 2003 ,SP2,Standart edition. I know that I can change my database size to75G by editing some registry keys.
    I did not want to do that at first and instead cleaned up some users mailboxes.
    By my calculations I have removed over 3G by moving some data to PST folders and deleteing unused mailboxes. But the problem still there.
    Any advice ?
    Thanks

Re: Exchange 2003,database >18G

Hi,

Have you enable online maintainance for DB if not then enable it which will show you the white space available.

then using eseutil utility run the defragmentation..

Since you have SP2 on Exchange then why you are not modifying the registy to expand the DB for 75GB?

Rgds

Comment

I just applied the registry fix to our Exch 2k3 server today - really easy and highly recommended:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912375

Also have you tried running the MS Exchange Best Practices Analyser, I know it's not related but does throw up areas of configuration where you improve the performance of your Exch svr.

Comment

Hi,

Yep its highly recommended, Sporadically you have to run MS Exchange Best Practices Analyser on your exchange to check your exchange behaviour.

Rgds

Comment

Working...
        X