OWA 2003 SSL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA 2003 SSL

Tried to implement FBA. Leeched everything I could find on this site about OWA, SSL etc and read it. Followed the excellent step by step instructions and get the correct screen when using the http URL. Configure SSL on OWA But when I add the s and make it https the following screen appears. Error Screen

I bet it is something real simple but I just can't see it.

(Couldn't upload the Error Screen image due to the following error)

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/owa_error.jpg.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

I had this exact problem awhile back. I found an article on how-to fix this issue. Some of the text here is a rehash of that article.

The cause of this issue is that the IUSR_[servername] and IWAM_[servername] accounts' passwords are out of sync (between AD & IIS). Here's how-to fix this.

Originally posted by Chad Gross
    1. Open AD Users & Computers, reset the password for the IUSR_[servername] account to anything you want (except blank).

2. Open the User properties and verify that the account is not locked out and also, make sure that "Password never expires" and "User cannot change password" are selected.

3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 for the IWAM_[servername] account.

4. Open IIS Manager and expand [servername] | Web Sites

5. Open the properties for the "Default Web Site".

6. Go to the "Directory Security" tab and click the Edit button under "Authentication & Access Control"

7. Enter the new password for the IUSR_[servername] account and click OK.

8. Enter the password again to confirm and click OK until your back at the IIS Manager main screen.

9. In the left pane right click [servername] select all tasks->restart IIS. Once the restart is complete close the IIS Manager.

10. Open a cmd prompt, enter the following commands:
    cd c:\inetpub\adminscripts
    adsutil SET w3svc/WAMUserPass <password> (Where [password] = the password you entered for the IWAM_[servername] account in AD Users & Computers)
    cd c:\windows\system32
    cscript.exe "c:\inetpub\adminscripts\synciwam.vbs" -v
    iisreset
    That should fix it.

Follow this link for the original text to the article.
    http://msmvps.com/cgross/archive/2004/08/08/11472.aspx
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the above info Andrew. (Is there anything you don't know or can't find info on???) It helped substantially and pointed me on to other KBs and articles that finally bore fruit.

After running the above instructions, I was met with Error: 80110414 while trying the Syncwam utility. The following KB Article fixed that problem KB269367. However I still had the Timeout error. Further searching found KB332167 and this one finally resolved the Timeout error.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Excellent, I'm glad it at least pointed you in the right direction.

tis my pleasure to have helped,
        Andrew
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X