Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server Memory leak ??

Hi

In our company, we have a server which runs on Windows Server 2003 with MS Exchange 2003 installed on it and have been using it for a year now, but for the past 4 months the server has been acting weird, I viewed the event log and it says it gives the following error

"The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E44CA96E-90C1-466D-8809-6457AF17AC18}. The backup browser is stopping."

So basically I have to restart the server and every goes back to normal. While this error occurred, our user cannot user OWA. Just wondering what could cause this problem, and is there a memory leak somewhere on the server or exchange?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Re: Exchange Server Memory leak ??

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135404
    The above may be worth a read.

It is unlikely to be related to Exchange but you could run the BPA to see if you are missing anything. Also check you have the most up to date NIC drivers in case you have problems regarding tcp offload/chimney.

(I say unlikely as clearly that means it will now turn out to be the case....)
    Last edited by AndyJG247; 28th May 2008, 10:31. Reason: Unlikely reasoning...
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
    X