No announcement yet.

exchange error 0x800CCC0E

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange error 0x800CCC0E

Dear all,
    I am facing the email problem with exchange 03.

first of all I would like to explain my network situation.

I had main office and one branch office. exchange server located in Main Office with Private IP.I had NAT with Public IP for exchange private IP. In the branch also got Router and we use Tunneling between Main and Branch office.

So the clients in Main office use the Exchange Private IP as SMTP and POP3 server. cos they dont have the internet access. if we have internet access we can also use with email MX record like for SMTP and POP3 right. I am using like that. cos I got the internet access.

Start from last week branch office complain they can't send out email anymore. branch office can use internet access. So I ask them to try with Private IP and as SMPT and POP3 servers. But the problem still exist and sometime can receive and can't send out.So I ask them to ping the exchange Private IP gateway, they can ping.
    Yesterday they can send out with the exchange private IP for SMTP POP3. But today can't do anymore and got the following error.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

So I would like to know this problem happen bcos of the Connection between from Branch to Main office ? but they can ping to exchange Gateway from branch. I also can ping their branch IPs from Main office.
    Also I still can use with as SMTP and POP3 servers from my home. I also dont know what should I do moreover.

pls kindly give me any idea for that. thanks

Re: exchange error 0x800CCC0E

Maybe new AV / Firewall software or hardware?

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Let me just confirm a few things..

Branch office cannot mail at all?,,,Is the mail flow fine at main office fine?
      R we using OE or MS Outlook?
      The error seems to be related to some kind of blocking...Did we try telneting port 25 from branch office..
      Try telnetting ur domain and some external too...
      R the clients(branch) able to retrieve mails...If not .check if port 110(inbound) is open.
      One of the common problems comming up these days is the ISPs change the ports to avoid spam..try changing to Port no's to 587 or 465.

Fazal Zaidi
      MCITP-Windows 2008,Exchange 2010,MCTS-Exchange 2007,2010,Lync 2010,MCSE-2000,2003,MCSA-2003,2008,2012,MCP,MCSE -Messaging 2013,ITIL

thank for all.

the problem is now can't send out email with as SMTP and POP3 server from home.But still can receive email. last time I can send/receive well from my home using the domain as SMTP and POP3 in Outlook Express.

pls kindly help. thank again

Hello Examplez,

I'm not entirely sure if your still having this issue a few months down the road or not, but I would like to extend my help. The first thing you will want to do is ask the server administrator if the email domain in question is in /etc/remotedomains or /etc/localdomains and make sure your domain is in the correct file. You would only do this if mail is running of a Linux type of server. To my knowledge Windows doesn't work this way as Linux does. Windows must have some way distinguishing local from remote domains, but I'm not sure how personally.

The error 0x800CCC0E refers to a problem with the connection while sending or recieving email. This is a broad error without a percise or definite solution and must be troublehsooted. There many ways of resolving this and ways to getting this far. I would suggest following some of the tutorials online related to this error. Sometimes the Microsoft Mail Website is a good start if you can understand the tech lango. If not, you might want to try a good walk through tutorial like this one here.

If you or anyone else reading this is still having problems, feel free to send me a PM on this forum, or send me a email directly at [email protected]. Don't worry about my email address being visible to spam, I have plenty of filters setup that takes care of it for the most part

Angela Chelson,