X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imceaex

Hello people,

I have the folowwing problem.

When somebody sends a message to person X, I get the failure that the messages was not delivered to a person that not exist anymore.

Error message is:

Sender: "Person Y" <Person [email protected]>
    To: "Person X" <Person [email protected]>,
    "Person that not exist" <IMCEAEX-_O=""_OU=""+2ECOM_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=E-mail that not [email protected]>

I hope that you understand the problem.

Kind regards,
    Mvdv.

Re: Imceaex

That is an appalling subject. Have a read of the forum rules.

From the little information you have written are you really saying when someone sends an email to someone that doesn't exist then they get a reply saying the same? If so, what else where you expecting?
    Or are you saying that you are the one getting the error messages not them?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      That is an appalling subject. Have a read of the forum rules.

From the little information you have written are you really saying when someone sends an email to someone that doesn't exist then they get a reply saying the same? If so, what else where you expecting?
      Or are you saying that you are the one getting the error messages not them?

Sorry for the bad explanation!

I am the postmaster and I get the error message that a message was not deliverd
      to a e-mail adress that does not exist anymore. The problem is that the message is send in our organization to a person that exist, and if you see the next line:

Sender: "Name Sender" <Name [email protected]>
      To: "Name Receiver" <Name [email protected]>,
      "Name of person that does not exist anymore" <IMCEAEX-_O=ORG NAME_OU=DOMAIN+2ECOM_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=E-mail adres of person that does not exist [email protected]>

It seems like there is a connection between the Name Receiver and The Name of the person that does not exist anymore. But in Active Directory I can not fing this person or e-mail adress anymore.

I hope that this information is better.

Mvdv.

Comment

still pretty bad, but I think I know what you mean:

Person A outside your company sends an email to Person B inside your company. When this happens, you get an error saying email could not be sent to Person C, who no longer exists in your AD system.

Reason: Person B has a mail rule set up to forward to either Person C directly, or to an old mailing list or something that has Person C on it.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Just to confirm, I was only complaining about the subject name choice, I appreciate it is hard to explain problems sometimes.

As Wired states that is the most likely, possibly also a forwarder within the account properties in AD as well?
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X