Linux email gateway for exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux email gateway for exchange 2003

Does anyone know any fairly easy linux email gateways that can be used to proxy exchange? Ideally i want it to reside on a linux distro of any choice and to be used primarily to filter spam and act as cheap front end for SBS or small business type users.

Re: Linux email gateway for exchange 2003

it's not only cheap, but much better than most paid antispam solutions

I prefer using PostFix - it is the easiest MTA to setup

google postfix exchange gateway or frontend

if you prefer others, there is also Qmali, sendmail and exim to try
    ________
    Medical marijuana grow
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:44.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Originally posted by DYasny View Post
      it's not only cheap, but much better than most paid antispam solutions

I prefer using PostFix - it is the easiest MTA to setup

google postfix exchange gateway or frontend

if you prefer others, there is also Qmali, sendmail and exim to try
      Top man. Iv heard of postfix but know very little about it. i notice from your sig you may be a linux guru. whats the best distro for postfix to reside on. (ideally i prefer RPM as opposed to debian) And which distro already has it packaged in its repository?

Comment

every normal distro has it.
        in my experience it is easier to set up debian, since it has all of the perl modulers in the repositories, and there's no need to use CPAN.
        if you want to go to the RPM side, go for CentOS - it's a copy of red hat enterprise, only without the logos. however, as I said, go for Debian stable, it is much easier to use it.
        ________
        Yamaha tdm850 specifications

Comment

I find the package management easier with RPM as opposed to apt/synaptic. This how to from source forge suggests mandriva http://www.howtoforge.com/mandriva_p...virus_exchange

What is CPAN?

Comment

I find the package management easier with RPM as opposed to apt/synaptic.
            how is it easier? aptitude and dpkg have much better functionality. actually, when setting up large enterprise linux mail servers, I found that to ease things up I had to install "alien", which is a converter package between deb and rpm.

anyhow, do not touch non server distros like mandriva, ubuntu, pclinuxos etc
            ________
            MAINE DISPENSARIES

Comment

Originally posted by DYasny View Post
              how is it easier? aptitude and dpkg have much better functionality. actually, when setting up large enterprise linux mail servers, I found that to ease things up I had to install "alien", which is a converter package between deb and rpm.

anyhow, do not touch non server distros like mandriva, ubuntu, pclinuxos etc
              Uh, Ubuntu server is out. It's light and quick and very optimized.
              Mandrival I definitely agree ... stay away from but Ubuntu with Postfix/spamassassin and clamav is the bomb.

Are you a n00b DYasny?

Comment

Originally posted by tonic View Post
                Uh, Ubuntu server is out. It's light and quick and very optimized.
                Mandrival I definitely agree ... stay away from but Ubuntu with Postfix/spamassassin and clamav is the bomb.

Are you a n00b DYasny?
                I'm afraid you are the n00b here. Otherwise you would have known that Ubuntu is all based on Debian experimental, the least stable branch of Debian. It's all nice and fine for desktop, but I would never trust a production server with something like that, seen enough servers crash when stupid admins tried to go the easy way and use the newest and not the most stable packages.
                ________
                SC2 REPLAYS
                Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:51.

Comment

If you don't mind paying for your software, take a look at SpamTitan. Runs a linux kernel with SpamAssassin/Postfix/ClamAV all in one easy to use/setup/manage package.

Comment

Working...
                  X