No announcement yet.

Exchange Server 2003 to 2007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server 2003 to 2007

Hi All

I have set up an exchange 2007 server on our network, moved all the mailboxes over from the exchange 2003 server and everything is running ok, but i have an exchange 2003 sat doing nothing apart from recieving emails and forwarding them to the exchange 2007 server. The exchange 2003 (server 1) ip address is for example: and the exchange 2007 (server 2) address is Now server 1 will receive emails as that is how it is set up on our firewall and our external dns.

How on earth do i set it so i can get rid of exchange 2003 - server 1 and put the exchange 2007 - server 2 on the address?

I have tried moving server 1's address to something else and changing server 2's ip address to but unfortunately i couldnt get OWA and outlook to talk to it, it was still trying to look for server 1 on

Please help

Tim Hobson

Re: Exchange Server 2003 to 2007

Why don't you just change the firewall rules? I wouldn't be changing server IP addresses just to get pre-existing firewall rules to work. The hassle involved doesn't compare.

On a slightly different note - do ensure that you complete every step in this article before removing the old server:

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Exchange Server 2003 to 2007

Thanks for the reply, will have a look at the article and have a go.