Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA inconsistently fails

Hi there
    For months now I have been running OWA no problem on a server, but recently it started giving error message 1503. During my testing of the problem I can access OWA a few times (no more than 5) and then the next time it gives the error: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator ... with the event id logged in the app log.

If i restart IIS it works fine for a few logons and then crashes again. I have tried changing the virtual folder to exchange-oma as well but to no avail

please help
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeOMA
    Event Category: (1000)
    Event ID: 1503
    Date: 4/30/2008
    Time: 6:57:30 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: CTSERVER01
    Description:
    An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Source: System
    Stack trace:
    at System.Net.OSSOCK.recv(IntPtr socketHandle, IntPtr pinnedBuffer, Int32 len, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

Source: System
    Stack trace:
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Xml.XmlStreamReader.Read(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
    at System.Xml.XmlScanner.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.Static Stuff.ParseDavResponse(Stream response, NewItemDelegate newItem, AddItemDelegate addItem, StatusDelegate handleStatus)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.Exchan geItem.PopulateProperties(IList RequestedProperties, Boolean NoPreferences)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.Exchan geRootFolder.PopulateProperties(IList RequestedProperties, Boolean NoPreferences)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.Preferencing.OmaUserInfo.En sureProperties(IItem item, PropertyEnum[] properties)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.Preferencing.OmaUserInfo.ge t_UserCulture()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Page.Page_Loa d(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage.OnLoad(Eve ntArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Message: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.
    Source: System.Web
    Stack trace:
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Re: OWA inconsistently fails

How many exchange servers are there and are they all the same SP and patches?
    Have you run windows update on them to see what else is available too?

From a brief google it implies issues with IIS but then I guess that could easily be assumed!
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi there

It is only one Exchange Server. I have reinstalled both SP2 for Windows Server 2003 and SP2 for Exchange in the hope of resolving the issue but no luck. Have run all Windows Updates as well.

The fact that it may be related to IIS sounds plausable what google search phrase did u use?

Comment

1503 exchange oma
        and variations on the theme
        http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...=Google+Search

http://www.chicagotech.net/exchange/event1503.htm
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...