Cannot Expand Membership list in OWA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Expand Membership list in OWA

We used to be able to, in our To: field, expand Groups from GAL via the '+' sign to see which members were a part of a particular group. Once it was expanded all the email addresses filled the To: field , at which point ,if the user wanted it that way, they would send the message or remove the email addresses ( because the focus was to make sure a certain user received the message ) and replace it with the group name once again ( the '+' sign would then return to the front of the underlined group name).
    We haven't made any changes to the exchange server that would have knowingly affected this option and would really like it back. Any ideas?

Clayton

Sorry - Exchange 2003 SP2, OWA client
    Last edited by CKroe; 1st May 2008, 19:01.

Re: Cannot Expand Membership list in OWA

Just to be clear, are you saying the + doesn't appear now?
    Have you tested this on more than one machine and with different groups just to make sure it isn't a local issue?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

The '+' sign does not appear now in front of the group that's been selected. I just finished testing it with all 55 groups that we have and none of them came up with that selection.
      I double-checked that the 'Hide Membership' option had not been enabled on several groups by right-clicking on the Group and selecting Exchange Tasks...the option was available so I'm assuming it had not been applied. Also I do not remember applying that option universally...
      We verified that the groups '+' option does not work on another system and have heard that it once was an option from several of our OWA users....

I've looked online a bit - this is an option right?

Comment

Hmm, just tried 07 and it doesn't have a + but you can view the membership. I know you have the expand option within Outlook. Anyone got another 03 to test?
        It seems possible the OWA users are incorrect.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

Just tried a clean 2003 SP2 and still the same.
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            Just tried a clean 2003 SP2 and still the same.
            Not sure what you mean...there is a '+' in front of a group or there is another way to view the membership in 03? Maybe it's just been a long week...

And maybe on a seperate note, maybe not. I've installed the OWAAdmin tool and had issues getting that working but found out that I don't have Net Framework 2.0 installed. So that resolves ( not resolves but at least it makes sense of the issue as OWAAdmin requires (? ) IIS to have Net 2.0 installed ( at least if you read this thread - OWAAdmin Authentication - Could updates to the server be an issue?
            Last edited by CKroe; 2nd May 2008, 17:37.

Comment

Sorry, I meant same as in different....
              What I should have said was no +mark but I also couldn't view the group membership. In 07 I can view the group membership. Neither gave me a + to expand though.
              cheers
              Andy

Comment

Maybe it was available with SP1. I'll keep digging as time allows but I'll keep checking back here to see if there's anything new. Either way you've verified it's not something particular with our system...

Comment

Working...
                X